2-1 Social Cognitive Theory and Motivational Theory

1.
Social Cognitive theory explains the interactions we as humans have in a social setting which help us to learn and adapt. Motivational theory and self efficacy were also examine to see if they had any affect on learning ability in individuals as well.

2.
Learning from the social cognitive perspective is demonstrated quite well by the phrase, 'Monkey See, Monkey Do" just as in the BoBo doll experiment. Learning is accomplished through social interactions, the environment surrounding the individual, and personal differences.
Image result for social cognitive theory meme

Image result for social cognitive theory meme
Image result for social cognitive theory meme
 All memes were found on wordpress.com.

3. I really enjoy this section of class, as one of my favorite concepts from my psychology courses is Maslow and his heiracrchy of self fulfillment, as this section of self efficacy and motivations directly ties into that idea, that one must be fulfilled in one area of the pyramid to move to the next. Someone who is high in self efficacy will fulfill more areas as they may see themselves as more able to accomplish task of learning, and accomplish more areas of the pyramid.

Image result for maslow's hierarchy of needs
Mcleod, Scott. Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs. Simply Psychology. 2016.www.simplypsychology.org.

4.
.I actually really like social cognitive theory, I enjoy it because it blends so many areas that affect the individual into one, whole comprehensive theory. Each individual is a product of their environment, their own personal differences, and the behavior which they witness.  I have spent many years watching children, and spend lots of time with my niece and nephew, and emulation is a very common occurrence for many children, as this is the basis of many behaviors which directly fits into the social cognitive theory as they will emulate parents, care givers, and peers.


5.
No questions so far!

6.

Modules
Topics  & Activity
Check ✓ if Completed
Week 2
Week 2-1

*Due by July 24 at 10:59 am

1) Week 2-1 Reading Quiz
 X
2) Week 2-1 Discussion Forum: one initial response & two peer feedback replies
 X
3) Week 2-1 Personal Blog Reflection
 IP
Week 2-2

*Due by July 24 at 10:59 am

1) Week 2-2 Reading Quiz
 X
2) Week 2-2 Discussion Forum: One initial response & two peer feedback replies
 X
3) Week 2-2 Personal Blog Reflection
 IP


7.
SAMMIMAHONEYSEPSY3010BLOG
I really enjoyed your post! I love that you use so many graphics, I tend to use them in my postings as well because I am a very visual person and prefer to learn that way. Great Post!

Maggi Busey
I really enjoyed your blog entry as it was from a different perspective than mine, as I try not to usually use chunking in my own learning as I am quite horrible at it. I tend not to do well at memorizing details but broad theories. Great Post!

Comments